CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Glacier National Park

I don't know where to begin.  Glacier is breathtaking and we only saw a very small portion of it.  The road was still closed at the top of the pass to get from West Glacier to East Glacier, so we will have to plan another trip up there.  What we did see was amazing though.  We went on a 5 mile hike that took us up to Avalanche Lake.  Elsie hiked the whole way while Jolie rode in the backpack the majority of the time.  She even took a little nap in there.  When we made it to the lake, we were in awe of the view of the surrounding mountains with waterfalls, snow, and sheer cliffs.  We had the opportunity to see a bull moose come down across the lake and get a drink.  Other hikers near us said they saw a black bear, but we were fortunate enough to stay out of his or her way.  The hike up to the lake and back followed a creek/river that was rushing.  It was intense to watch the power of the current. 

 Elsie and I standing next to what I believe is Flathead River/Creek.  
Avalanche Lake!
Bull Moose ( I wish we were a little closer and had a little better camara)
Skyler and I up at the turning around point on the pass.  It was open almost to the top, so we went up as far as we could and let the girls play in the snow.  There were quite the construction projects going on to repair what was  damaged this past winter with the snow and avalanches.  
Our family enjoying the beauty of Avalanche Lake!!!!

2 comments:

The Heaviland Family said...

We have always wanted to check out Glacier! It looks beautiful!!

Tracy said...

Looks like a fun trip. We miss you guys!