CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year


We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.  We had a great time just spending time as a family over the last two weeks.  It is nice that Skyler gets two weeks off and that my schedule is so flexible.  I only worked two days over the break, so we spent a ton of time together.  It starts to make up for some of the really busy weeks of this last Fall.  For a few days over Christmas and again over New Years, we went up to my mom's house in Gilbert and had a blast just hanging out.  My brother Jay came home from Indonesia and it had been three years since we all spent Christmas together.  The girls were spoiled and enjoyed playing with all the new toys.  Skyler was able to test out one of his new toys on the golf course, the "Big Bertha" driver.  My mom bought me a new sewing machine, so now I need to find a new sewing project to work on.  I am just barely learning, but I am having a lot of fun trying.  Tomorrow we head back into our normal routine and hopefully anticipate some winter/spring guests over the next few months.  This is the busy time of the year for the Rodolph's Bed and Breakfast.  

Here are the girls in their Christmas dresses.  I could not get Jolie to drop her toothbrush, so I need to get this picture to our Dentist.
The day before Christmas we made this Ice Cream Cake for Jesus, so we could remember the real reason we celebrate Christmas, the birth of our Lord, Jesus.  Elsie loved this and helped lead us all in "Happy Birthday" on Christmas.  I wish I was a little better at decorating, but it is hard when the cake is melting before your eyes.  Oh well!  I know Jesus would have liked a piece of this cake.


We finally took a few family pictures but we still didn't get a great one.  But this one is pretty good.  Jolie was not in the mood for the picture though.  She had just woken up from her nap.
Here is our family.  My parents in the middle, my brothers Daniel and Jay and my sister Lindsay.



0 comments: