CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 6, 2008

It has been awhile!


November flew by without making a landing around here, at least that is what it felt like.  The month was full of fun and work.  Back in October, my friend Melissa from college (also my roommate for a year), came back to Tucson to work as a traveler at UMC for 13 weeks.  I was thrilled, and since she came home to Tucson, she has been able to come for dinner once a week.  We are having a great time hanging out and the girls love her.  We are trying to convince her to settle in Tucson, but she has big plans to travel and study in Costa Rica and possibly Puerto Rico throughout 2009.  

  The second weekend of November, I flew to Minneapolis, MN to visit one of my friends Lori, who just had a little baby girl the end of October.  Little Jade is a doll and such a great baby.  I was able to spend 5 days out in cold, cold Minnesota, and enjoyed such warm hospitality by Lori and Frank and Lucy and Jade.  I was even able to have an early Thanksgiving dinner with Lori's family.  I miss you so much Lori.  

Then Thanksgiving was here and we had a great day with a huge spread of food.  Thanksgiving has been at our house for the last 4 years.  My dad came from California and then my mom and dad, my brother Daniel, sister Lindsay, and her boyfriend Ken, my grandparents, and our friend Todd all came to share the day with us.  It is tradition to out together a gingerbread house on Thanksgiving.  This year there was also a train.  The girls had a great time.  Elsie and Lindsay were the main contributors.



1 comments:

Mark Heaviland said...

One of these days you're going to have to visit Seattle or I'm going to get a complex! It's not as cold as MN!